Shedding season is upon us.
Shedding season is upon us.
Anyone here get their furbaby’s teeth cleaned yet? My cousin has an older rescue who gets her teeth cleaned every 2 to 3 years. She said it’s super expensive and the dog has to be put under general anesthesia. Kuma gets lots of teeth cleaning treats and a Greenie every night. We brush his teeth not as often as we should :/ It’s so hard to brush his teeth because he HATES it - hated it when he was a puppy and he never got used to it. Brushing his teeth is a two person job and involves a lot of bitten fingers. His teeth are pretty clean for the most part, but it’s the back top teeth I’m worried about. Also, does anyone have any toothbrushing tips for squirmy little corgasaurs?
** CAUTION **
Please tell every dog or cat owner you know. Even if you don’t have a pet, please pass this to those who do.
Over the weekend, the doting owner of two young lab mixes purchased Cocoa Mulch from Target to use in their garden. The dogs loved the way it smelled and it was advertised to keep cats away from their garden. Their dog (Calypso) decided the mulch smelled good enough to eat and devoured a large helping. She vomited a few times which was typical when she eats something new but wasn’t acting lethargic in any way. The next day, Mom woke up and took Calypso out for her morning walk. Halfway through the walk, she had a seizure and died instantly.
Although the mulch had NO warnings printed on the label, upon further investigation on the company’s web site,
This product is HIGHLY toxic to dogs and cats.
Cocoa Mulch is manufactured by Hershey’s, and they claim that “It is true that studies have shown that 50% of the dogs that eat Cocoa Mulch can suffer physical harm to a variety of degrees (depending on each individual dog). However, 98% of all dogs won’t eat it.”
*Snopes site gives the following information:http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cocoamulch.asp
Cocoa Mulch, which is sold by Home Depot, Foreman’s Garden Supply and other garden supply stores contains a lethal ingredient called ‘Theobromine’. It is lethal to dogs and cats. It smells like chocolate and it really attracts dogs. They will ingest this stuff and die. Several deaths already occurred in the last 2-3 weeks.
Theobromine is in all chocolate, especially dark or baker’s chocolate which is toxic to dogs. Cocoa bean shells contain potentially toxic quantities of theobromine, a xanthine compound similar in effects to caffeine and theophylline. A dog that ingested a lethal quantity of garden mulch made from cacao bean shells developed severe convulsions and died 17 hours later. Analysis of the stomach contents and the ingested cacao bean shells revealed the presence of lethal amounts of theobromine.
**PLEASE PASS THIS ON**
Kuma brought this to me. Maybe he thought I’d enjoy it as much as he obviously does.
Is it bedtime yet?
our favorite pet store posted this link on facebook, and we think it’s full of very important information:
- National Animal Poison Control Center: 1 888 426 4435.
- National Pet Recovery Hotline: 1 800 984 8638.
- Stolen Pet Hotline Information: 1 800 STOLEN PET.
- Animal Legal…
Happy Mother’s Day to all the furbaby mommas out there!
Pretty sure Kuma lurves the bouncy house.
What it looks like when I’m driving with this guy. A/C hog.
Adventure time with Kuma!